New York TweetsNew York NewsNew York Casino and Card Room GamingNew York Charitable GamingNew York LotteriesNew York Online GamingNew York Race WageringNew York Sports BettingNew York Tribal Gaming

New York Charitable Gaming

New York allows charitable gaming in the forms of pull-tabs, bingo, raffles and Las Vegas Night casino games.

Charitable gaming was authorized by Article 9A NYS General Law, also known as the Games of Chance Law. Before 1 February 2013, the Charitable Gaming Unit within the NY State Racing and Wagering Board (NYSRWB) was mandated to administer the rules and regulations of charitable gaming. Enforcement of the regulations is with the local municipality where the charitable gaming is held.

In 2013, the NYSRWB and the New York Division of the Lottery merged to form the New York State Gaming Commission. The Commission absorbed all the policies, procedures, rules and programs previously administered by the NYSRWB.

Charitable gaming licenses are issued by the local municipality where a charitable organization is located. The license fees are: bingo, $18.75 per event; Las Vegas Night, $25 per event; bell jar, $25 per calendar year; and raffle, $25 for those that profit over $30,000. Municipal clerks keep 40% of the license fees they collect and give the remaining 60% to the NYS Comptroller. Charitable organizations are required to pay an additional license fee when submitting the required financial reporting forms. Charitable games are taxed at 3% of net profit. Five percent (5%) of bell jar ticket sales help fund the training of municipal clerks, law enforcement agencies and the almost 20,000 organizations registered to conduct charitable gaming.

In 2010, New York increased the limit on the total raffle prize amount allowed over a license period from $100,000 to $500,000.

In 2012, that limit was increased to $2 million.
About us | Feedback | Advertising
CASINO CITY NETWORK: Online Casino City | Casino City Times | Poker Zone | RGT Online | Casino City Press | Gaming Directory | iGaming News
Visit Casino City's Internet Directory
Casino City HomeWorld GamblingNorth America GamblingUnited States CasinosNew York Casinos

Sign up for the
Casino City Times
Weekly Newsletter!
CasinoCity Exclusive Bonus Offers
Top 10 Vendors